This is a press release submitted to Vegas INC. It has not been verified or edited by Vegas INC.

Press Release

Las Vegas Urban League CEO announces new Director of Communications

LAS VEGAS, NV – Las Vegas Urban League CEO Kevin Hooks announced today he has selected Marlene Monteolivo as Director of Communications. Monteolivo, has been with the agency since it first opened its doors in December 2004, and is its longest tenured employee.

“I’m very happy to have Marlene as part of my executive team,” said Hooks. “She brings a lot to the table including communications know how and experience, loyalty, and a strong work ethic. She represents the type of talent that will help us usher in a new era of advocacy.”
This appointment is significant in that it makes Monteolivo the highest ranking Hispanic in the Las Vegas Urban League, the state’s largest social services provider. She originally hails from Bogotá, Colombia.
“I’m thankful for the opportunity to put my skills to work promoting the brand and mission of the Urban League. I’m very excited and look forward to working with a great leader like Kevin Hooks who believes in diversity and inclusiveness, and who can take the agency in a new direction” said Monteolivo.
Marlene has served in different capacities in the agency, but most recently as the Outreach Coordinator. She also has an impressive 20 year career in Hispanic media. Her experience includes news anchor/reporter in Ventura, CA for Univisión affiliate Galavision KSTV Channel 57. She was also the news anchor/producer for Telemundo Las Vegas affiliate KBLR Channel 39, and a contributor to several Las Vegas community TV programs.
Monteolivo was director of promotions for KKHJ 930 Spanish radio in Los Angeles, and on-air personality for KELF - Radio “Elefante” in Oxnard, CA. In Las Vegas, Marlene worked full time for KRLV 1340 AM when the station first went on the air in 2002. Currently, she produces and hosts “Hoy en Las Vegas con Marlene” as an independent contributor.
Monteolivo has written a column for El Mundo Newspaper since 1999, the largest and oldest Spanish language publication in Nevada.
Marlene holds a Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Psychology and Counseling and Guidance from California State University, Northridge. She is a candidate to receive the certificate in Public Relations from the University of Nevada in Las Vegas (UNLV) in July 2013.
Monteolivo is married to William Brewer and has three children by a previous marriage.
###