This is a press release submitted to Vegas INC. It has not been verified or edited by Vegas INC.

Press Release

New holistic residential recovery sober living home opens in Las Vegas

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

800-891-9767

[email protected]
www.hpliving.com

New holistic residential recovery sober living home opens in Las Vegas
 Uses 12-step alternatives, evidence-based components and innovative treatment model focused on creating a successful path to addiction recovery tailored to the individual.
LAS VEGAS – Addiction relapse rates are at an all-time high, even for those leaving a 30-day program, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Higher Path Living, an evidence-based residential recovery home headquartered in Las Vegas, has stepped in to help bridge the gap. The Higher Path Living model is a holistic approach where each individual gets the opportunity to improve his or her emotional, spiritual and physical health. This approach is devised from SAMHSA’s (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) four major dimensions that support a successful life in recovery: Health, Home, Purpose and Community.
Higher Path Living utilizes nationally recognized programs including SMART Recovery (Self Management Recovery Training) - Workbook Study and Meetings; Refuge Recovery which focuses on Mindfulness and Meditation; as well as how to integrate beneficial aspects of the 12-Step program to create a recovery plan that supports the individual and their specific needs.
In 2016, the White House released a National Drug Control Strategy that was intended to strengthen the national effort to reduce drug use. This strategy’s key focus is “supporting research to inform the development and implementation of evidence-based prevention activities.” Unlike traditional sober houses, Higher Path Living is built on proven, evidence-based foundations of recovery. HPL employs dedicated recovery coaches to assist its guests in the recovery process. Because HPL creates a safe family community, only those who are looking for a stay of 30 or more days are considered.
A groundbreaking report published last year by the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University concluded that “the vast majority of people in need of addiction treatment do not receive anything that approximates evidence-based care.” The report added, “Only a small fraction of individuals receive interventions or treatment consistent with scientific knowledge about what works.” Here is where HPL will bridge the gap.
Higher Path Living’s unique recovery platform is based on recommendations from SAMHSA using SMART Recovery which includes CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and Refuge Recovery which focuses on REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy) -Which are key components for lasting sobriety. HPL is one of the only sober living program that adheres to this model.
Higher Path Living was founded by Dennis Hofmaier, after his own experience with recovery from alcohol, and his disappointment in the lack of follow-up programs that met his own personal needs.
Hofmaier said, “12-steps alone were not enough for me and there had to be other options. SMART recovery is a program of choice. I believe I have the choice to use or not use, to drink or not drink. I’m ‘in’ my power when I choose not to drink.”
From that realization, Higher Path Living was created with a team of professionals who believe in evidence-based recovery. The Higher Path Living advisory council includes Joseph Perroni, MS, who serves as HPL’s clinical therapist and is an experienced counselor for those with addictive behaviors. HPL also encourages the involvement of “addictionologists” who are medical professionals who specialize in only treating people with addiction issues.
Higher Path Living provides guests with upscale residences with a pool, spa, private and semi-private rooms, queen-sized beds, high-end linens and furnishings and all meals are included. HPL can accommodate people at different stages in their recovery - from those who are in early sobriety and need more assistance, as well as those who are further along and may be employed.
There is a one-fee price structure, with various payment options. Full and partial scholarship opportunities are available. To help each guest stay accountable, Higher Path Living administers a thorough drug test regimen where random drug testing is conducted.

Higher Path Living mailing address is 3395 S Jones Blvd., Las Vegas, 89146. For more information, contact Veronica Scala, outreach director, at 800-891-9767 or [email protected].