The well-known restaurateur who recently opened Andiron Steak & Sea at Downtown Summerlin discusses what it takes to survive in the Las Vegas food industry, her commitment to charitable work and why she thinks Yelp has gone overboard.
- ‘Overcoming seemingly insurmountable obstacles is the foundation of a great company’
- The Data: Aug. 30-Sept. 5
- The Notes: Philanthropy, Aug. 30-Sept. 5
- Know where your restaurant is going, and how it will get there
- Tips for employers who want to test for drugs
- Goodyear retiring blimps, rolling out new cigar-shaped craft
- Catalyst Fund money goes to health care software company
- Lawyer: Former franchisee alerted Subway exec about Fogle
- For kids at low-income schools, Las Vegas’ teacher shortage hits especially hard
- State Department officials routinely sent secrets over email
Nominations now open
(via Bloomberg Businessweek)
Boyd Gaming Corp. (BYD:US) is seeking $1.75 billion in loans to refinance existing debt while Community Health Systems Inc. (CYH:US) obtained funding commitments for its acquisition of Health Management Associates.
(via Credit Union Times)
The $496 million Clark County Credit Union in Las Vegas said it has returned to pre-recession profit levels, a strong indicator that the economy of Southern Nevada, hit hard by the Great Recession, is finally ...
(via Business Insider)