Local Government Reporter
A Kansas native, Conor studied engineering at the University of Minnesota but switched to journalism because it was infinitely more fun. It was in his blood, too; he's a third-generation journalist. Conor worked for the Wichita Eagle and the St. Paul Pioneer Press before joining the Sun in 2011.
- Las Vegas city manager gets $38,500 raise
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- Las Vegas City Manager Betsy Fretwell received her second raise in less than a year today. The City Council voted to increase her pay by ...
- Henderson to consider 4-month moratorium on massage parlors
- Tuesday, May 19, 2015
- The Henderson City Council will vote tonight on a four-month ban to prevent new massage parlors from opening and give staff time to craft new rules to crack down on ...
- Are public pensions too generous?
- Monday, May 18, 2015
- In the view of many, Nevada’s pension system for public employees is in relatively good health, with a sound plan to pay off its $12.5 billion unfunded liability while still maintaining the benefits it currently provides. But to others ...
- Jeb Bush, Ben Carson share distinct narratives in Las Vegas
- Thursday, May 14, 2015
- In another sign of Las Vegas' growing importance in the 2016 presidential election, Republican hopefuls Jeb Bush and Ben Carson both stopped by the city in overlapping events ...
- Growth industry: Nevada lawmakers get up-close view of Colorado’s pot business
- Friday, May 1, 2015
- Sen. Patricia Farley, R-Las Vegas, said a recent fact-finding trip to Colorado for a look at that state's marijuana industry "really opened my mind." What she discovered included ...
- Death is new Clark County coroner’s business, but so is compassion
- Thursday, April 30, 2015
- In the 12 years since John Fudenberg joined the Clark County Coroner's Office, he's learned that the job involves a lot more than investigating deaths. It's also about ...
- Survey: Most Southern Nevadans want Uber
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015
- About 75 percent of Southern Nevadans want Uber, according to a survey conducted by the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance. The finding was just one of several previewed by the LVGEA today from a survey that will be released in full on May 19 ...
- Passenger rail route from Las Vegas to Los Angeles gaining momentum
- Monday, April 27, 2015
- A group of federal and local leaders gathered in downtown Las Vegas today to discuss something that hasn't been seen in the region for 18 years: a passenger rail service to ferry riders back and forth between Las Vegas and Los Angeles. "I think the market is there. The will is there. The potential partnership is there," said Rep. Dina Titus ...
- Traffic signals, crosswalks installed at Las Vegas welcome sign
- Thursday, April 23, 2015
- With the flip of a switch, two new traffic signals were activated along Las Vegas Boulevard today, making it safer for pedestrians crossing the street to get to the ...
- County Commission probing ‘frightening’ abuses in guardianship system
- Tuesday, April 21, 2015
- Many questions but few concrete answers emerged today as Clark County commissioners probed what they called "frightening" and "appalling" abuses in the private guardian system intended to ...
- Photos: Awash in color and light, EDC revelers kick off festival
- Saturday, June 22, 2013
- As the sun set Friday on Las Vegas Motor Speedway, sensory overload set in as an estimated 100,000 people helped usher in the first night of the 2013 ...
- Photos: McCarran's Terminal 3 opens with Las Vegas-style fanfare
- Wednesday, June 27, 2012
- As a Virgin Atlantic flight taxied up to Terminal 3 at McCarran Airport, the pilot came over the loudspeaker to make an announcement. “He said not to worry ...