- With a wink and nod, activist plans BundyFest! to protest rancher Cliven Bundy
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014
- Bunkerville could be the site of a monthlong anti-Bundy festival dubbed BundyFest! At least, that’s what organizer, activist and author Sean Shealy is promoting on the Internet. The BundyFest! logistics seem...
- The world through militia eyes
- Sunday, April 20, 2014
- Militiamen descended on Bunkerville from all over the nation to help Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy reclaim his cattle from the federal agency that had rounded some of them up because Bundy had not paid grazing fees for more than 20 years. We got a close-up view of their encampment.
- Guinness confirms another world record for Las Vegas
- Friday, April 18, 2014
- The High Roller now has a page in the “Guinness World Records” book as the world’s tallest observation wheel. At 550 feet tall, the wheel is bigger than …
- Citing safety concerns, BLM calls off cattle roundup
- Saturday, April 12, 2014
- The campaign to round up Cliven Bundy’s cattle has been canceled. The Bureau of Land Management announced today that federal agents would conclude their one-month operation to seize the 900 cattle roaming on federally owned land about 75 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Additionally, federal land managers confirmed ...
- Q+A: Behind the Bundy, BLM battle
- Friday, April 11, 2014
- The complex case of Cliven Bundy raises questions about grazing permits, tortoises and ranchers’ rights.
- Militiamen make their presence felt in protest of BLM’s livestock grab
- Thursday, April 10, 2014
- The militiamen rolled in to draw a line in the dirt. About 70 miles northeast of Las Vegas, they set up camp on a sun-baked patch of land next to a bend in the Virgin River, keeping supplies ...
- How one ad campaign changed the face of Las Vegas
- Sunday, April 6, 2014
- Five words changed everything: "What happens here, stays here." It’s a slogan unlike any other in the history of advertising. At a time when tourism had taken a hit nationwide, a city so dependent on other people spending their money here needed something to bring it back. The campaign was...
- Father of Las Vegas quints faces real estate fraud charges
- Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Until now, Deon Derrico has been in the news as the father of quintuplets. But now he's got more than just changing diapers on his mind. He's scheduled to be in court Wednesday to face...
- Take a spin: High Roller observation wheel opens for riders
- Monday, March 31, 2014
- The world’s tallest observation wheel opened for business today in Las Vegas.
Tickets are now on sale to ride the 550-foot-tall High Roller at the Linq, between the Flamingo and the Quad. Attendants welcomed the wheel’s first ticketed passengers at 1 p.m. today. Executives with Caesars Entertainment, which built the complex, have said they expected between...
- Has Sheldon Adelson found his Huckleberry?
- Sunday, March 30, 2014
- Sheldon Adelson’s hard-nosed attack on online gambling seems to be snowballing. But could his efforts to persuade the government to outlaw all forms of Internet gambling really pay off?